Currently we do not have open projects
Excellent Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, genetics, computer sciences, quantitative biology or a related field.
Please note: students who already hold a Master’s degree are NOT eligible to apply for this program.
Students who just started a 2-year master’s study program are eligible to apply.
Applicants who are not native speakers should demonstrate adequate competence of the English language by acceptable results of an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- Application form completely filled-in. Please read the guide „how to fill the application form“ before doing so
- A Curriculum Vitae detailing education, training, and previous research experience
- Transcripts of previous study, including credit hours, marks obtained and copies of relevant diplomas and degrees in English or German
- Documentation of proficiency in the English language, such as TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo (can be waived for native speakers or if the university education was conducted in English)
- Two letters of reference from previous supervisors, send directly by the referee to: igrad-plant(at)hhu.de.
Please send a complete electronic copy of your application as a single PDF (file size not exceeding 5 MB!) by email to igrad-plant(at)hhu.de.
Do not send originals, documents will not be returned. We will request certified copies of documents once a selection of successful candidates has been made.
The iGRAD-Plant Program offers a comprehensive, interdisciplinary PhD training program in the fields of molecular plant sciences, plant genetics, synthetic biology, quantitative biology and computer sciences comprising a 1-year qualification period followed by a 3-year doctoral research period, with total funding up to four years. Obtaining a M.Sc. between both phases is possible. Successful applicants will be enrolled at HHU Düsseldorf and will benefit from a structured supportive program with shared supervision and training in a wide range of transferable and scientific skills.
The program provides every student with a tax-free fellowship of €934 per month during the qualification year. After the qualification year and the admission to PhD studies at HHU students are funded with a position (50-65% EG 13 TV-L pay scale) for 3 years.
All iGRAD-Plant fellows have to enroll as doctoral researcher at Heinrich Heine University. The social contribution fee is approx. €315 per semester (winter term 2022/23). The social fee includes free public transportation in the area of North-Rhine Westphalia.
Extensive administrative support (visa, housing, health insurance, enrollment) for international students via the Welcome Center of the HHU Junior and International Researcher Center.
40225 Düsseldorf Gebäude: 26.24